KIDZ is a global organization composed of closeknit friends who aim to uplift each other's life status and ensure true camaraderie among members. Originally founded in Naga, Camarines Sur, Bicol, in the Philippines, most of the original members were deceased. The organization remained inactive and dormant until a few years ago when Virgilio "Boy" Austero, the biological brother of one of the original founders, set out to revive the organization and started to recruit new members. Through the KIDZ's traditional initiation recruitment rites, membership slowly grew and the group was revived. KIDZ USA was formed..
There are now over 45 documented KIDZ members. Although loose and dysfunctional, KIDZ is focused on fulfilling our civic duties to our community. Every year or as needed, we are invoved in the following events/activities:
1) Annual fluvial procession of the Our Lady of Peñafrancia Devotees Association (OLPDANJ) in Bayonne Park, Bayonne, NJ USA
2) Annual 5K Run/1 Mile Walk fundraising project of Handang Tumulong Foundation Inc. in LIncoln Park, Jersey City, NJ, USA
3) Annual Santacruzan of the St. Mary's Church in downtown Jersey City, NJ USA
4) Fundraising projects by FilAm community organizations in Jersey City, NJ USA
5) Pusong Pinoy Health Fair in collaboration with PAFCOMNJ and Holy Name Medical Center/Asian Health Services
6) For a few years, we marshaled the Filipino American ParadeCommittee's (PAFCOMNJ) annual parade in celebration of the Filipino/American Friendship/Independence Day. We continue to support other PAFCOM Community-based projects.
MABUHAY ANG KIDZ (MAKI)!!
KAIBIGANG ITINATAG SA DAMAYAN ZERO (KIDZ)
Former Kidz USA Presidents
2020 Kidz USA President
HELLO... MEET YOUR FELLOW KIDZ BROTHERS!!